This first annual event is being organized by the Burwell Community Fund and the Community Memorial Health Center Endowment Fund, and will feature a number of fun and community enhancing activities – and provide everyone the opportunity to give back and contribute to our local community projects. To make the most of your giving, some of our local businesses are offering matching contributions to increase the impact of individual contributions, including:
- Gumb Auction & Realty – will donate one (1) gift of livestock, if five (5) businesses or individuals donate a gift of livestock on Friday, October 24 at Burwell Livestock Market. Contact Lindsy Gumb at 308-214-0943 for more information.
- Community Memorial Health Center – will match dollar for dollar all donations made to the CMHC Endowment Fund during the 28-hour Fall Festival-A Time for Giving period. Contact Haley Groshans at 308-346-4440 for more information.
- Jeffres Sand & Gravel – will donate $2,500 if ten (10) businesses or individuals donate $2,500 to the fund of their choice on or before October 25. Contact Lee Jeffres at 308-750-5049 for more information.
Below are the planned Fall Festival – A Time for Giving activities thus far.
Friday, October 24
8:00 a.m. – Noon – Pie, Coffee and Speakers (Burwell Legion Club)
11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Burger Bash (Burwell Shurfine Foods parking lot)
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Gifts of Grain and Livestock (Burwell Livestock Market)
5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Business-After-Hours events
- Great Western Bank – 163 Grand Avenue, Burwell (featuring various community fund projects)
- Sandstone Grill – 416 Grand Avenue, Burwell (featuring the Calamus Community Center fund presentation)
- DT’s Mini Mart LLC – 107 G Street, Burwell
- Lowe’ded Bar & Grill – 459 Grand Avenue, Burwell
- KC Creations – 704 H Street, Burwell
Saturday, October 25
8:00 a.m. – Noon – Pancake Feed (Sacred Heart Church Parish Center)
9:35 a.m. – Check-In Time Ends for Trek or Treat Race
10:00 a.m. – Start of Trek or Treat Race
11:30 a.m. – Awards for Trek or Treat Race
Noon – Finale of Fall Festival – A Time For Giving
It is easy to donate during the 28-hour giving period, via:
- Giving locations located at all of the above events.
- Giving locations at each Burwell bank (Great Western Bank, Heartland Bank, Pathway Bank).
- Giving online at www.NebraskaHometown.org/fund/Burwell or by signing up for the race at https://runsignup.com/Race/Donate/NE/Burwell/TrekorTreat2ndAnnual .
- Giving by mailed in contributions sent to the Burwell Community Fund, P.O. Box 901, Burwell, NE 68823.
Questions about being involved or supporting the Fall Festival – A Time for Giving activities can be directed to Johanna Jeffres at 730-1817 or Lindsy Gumb at 214-0943.